Daniel Hayes is a top ranked middleweight boxing prospect and Trinidad & Tobago’s boxing ambassador.
Daniel Hayes Growing up
Daniel played a variety of sports ranging from Soccer, Basketball, Football, Track and Field, Baseball and Swimming. At just 8 years old, he started playing basketball and continued playing throughout college. At 16, he was already a certified lifeguard and a highly recruited athlete in multiple sports. In his senior year of high school, he was recruited to play basketball for several NCAA Division 1 and 2 schools.
Hayes however decided to attend Thompson Rivers University where he and his childhood best friend were offered athletic scholarships. College proved to be quite a defining time for Hayes. He started as a Kinesiology major but after just one single acting course, he discovered his love and passion for acting and switched his major to Theatre.
Hayes was no stranger to the camera
He was a published print model since the age of 17. It wasn't long after his revelation that the acting gigs began pouring in. Hayes landed his first commercial with And1, which was quickly followed by a well-known television ad with Nike.
Improv and Acting
Eagerly seeking to develop his craft, Hayes began studying at The Second City and Groundlings, schools who boast of alumni including Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell, Seth Rogan and Steve Carell. Hayes added to his training by studying at The Ivana Chubbuck Studio that has trained Hollywood’s elite such as Halle Berry, Brad Pitt, Terence Howard and more. Currently on his Olympic quest, Hayes fights out of the world famous Wild Card Boxing Club, home to superstar world champions Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto.
Daniel Hayes Vroom Veer Stories
- Daniel made the honor roll one semester in High School, the basketball coach was his teacher
- Learning how to listen to his body after an injury and not push himself too hard
- Was hyper-focused in high-school on training, didn't have much of a social life
- Realized he missed out on High School buffoonery when he started college
- Stories of sibling rivalry, getting bullied & being a bully–yup we are mammals
- Small regrets of being “so serious” as a freshman in college
- His college teammates wore him down & he learned to relax & enjoy the moment
- In sixth grade, Daniel was in the Chess Club – he did 3 tournaments
- How improv skills help on stage and in life to roll with punches
- Sleep masks can be tricky if you have to get up in the night for a bathroom trip
Daniel Hayes Links
Daniel's Web Site is Daniel-Hayes.com