Eric Zimmer returns to Vroom Vroom Veer! (sorta). He built companies for 15 years, and worked in technology much longer. He led major software programs for Fortune 20 companies and he started his own Solar Energy company. The most cool project Eric is working on now is The One You Feed podcast, which was named “Best of iTunes” in 2014.
This conversation is from 2014, when I was working on my “other” podcast (that will not be spoken of…shhh)
Eric Zimmer Vroom Veer Stories
- Story about losing many jobs, freaking out, investing in himself and coming out better
- The fallacy we tell ourselves that “I'll be happy when…” a new job, a business, a new partner et al
- Happiness comes from how I am interrupting or approaching the world.
- We end up chasing the mirage of the next thing that will make us happy
- Eric lets his curiosity drive his passion, when he finds something interesting, he follows it
- You can start a solar energy business without knowing much about it, but Eric would not recommend it.
- Go try to sell your product or service as soon as you possibly can–best way to find out if people are willing to pay
Eric Zimmer Vroom Links