Jared Easley is the host of the podcast “Starve the Doubts” and the co-founder of the wildly popular Podcast Movement Event.
Stuck in the “friend” zone
- In High School Jared always got stuck in the friend zone for a couple of years
- Veered into the Navy
Montgomery? No Mobile!
- I thought I had been in Montgomery, but turns out I was in Mobile.
- Then in New England, all of sudden the girls there liked him more.
- He didn't fall into the friend zone once he got out of the south.
Going back home, people see you differently
- Both Jared and I experienced new reactions from women and people when going back home.
Make a bucket List
- Take a step toward something toward something you intend to carry out
Jared 1st Duty Station was Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
- Jared feels like a NEW man
- He saw the other side of racism being a White military dude in Hawaii
- How Jeff got punched in Waikiki at an ATM because of the Rodney King verdict.
- Jared decided to get know and make friends with locals, so he broke through the stereotypes.
- Seeking first to understand versus working first to make agreement…from Dale Carnegie and Steven Covey.
Meeting Asian women
- In Orlando, he wanted to meet a pretty Asian girl.
- He found a party in Orlando where there might be some pretty Asian women.
- Sometimes it takes 30 seconds of insane courage to make an awesome move.