Kevin Van Eekeren started his career as a logistics officer for a SWAT team before starting Fulcrum Tactical. Within 18 months he took it from a charity to a for-profit company. He started investing in startups on the side but focused on Fulcrum Tactical and his new venture, Fulcrum Farms, a sustainable farm producing high quality meat and eggs for families and restaurants in the Chicago area. After 6 years, Kevin sold Fulcrum Tactical and moved on to investing in startups full time by starting Fulcrum Investing. He also spends his free time co-hosting a podcast called The State of Logic.
Kevin Van Eekeren Vroom Veer Stories
- Story about a police officer who is fired for doing the right and morale action (Humans! m'eh)
- Jeff learned that drug dealers rent guns as a side hustle; who knew?!?
- Kevin and Jeff both enjoy blowing stuff UP (!) & shooting guns; oh to be a Mythbuster!
- Started Fulcrum Farms to blow off steam, enjoy nature; not make money
- Interesting discussion about Guns in America; not selling them won't make them go away
- The fun lies we tells ourselves about “risk mitigation” in investing in startups
- Started “The State of Logic” Podcast to teach people the benefits of rational thinking
Kevin Van Eekeren Links