Matt Miller spent the first 9 years of his career as an Air Force pilot, before entering the corporate world to work at both Abbott Laboratories and Valassis. While a top performer for both companies, his long term desire was to start a business and be his own boss. A good friend one day mentioned the gum ball machines he and his young daughters owned, and that conversation began a 10 year business quest that has brought Matt's franchise company, School Spirit Vending, to the cutting edge of both the vending and school fundraising industries. Today, the School Spirit Vending franchise is helping professionals across the country develop more freedom and security, while supporting local schools at the same time.
Matt Miller Vroom Veer Stories
- Achieved a big win at a sales job, ranked #2 in sales for the company.
- Boss increased his sale quota by over 80% and set him up to fail; cost him $80k
- Matt was denied a payday loan, you don't even need a credit score to get a payday loan
- The hard part about driving a C-5 Galaxy in the Air Force is on the ground, not in the air.
- There is no growth at the peak of the mountain…it's rocks and snow. In the valley there is lots of growth.
- A business idea starts as buying a gum ball machine on E-bay for 35 bucks. Now it's a franchise.
- Business systems that support your life, not a life that supports your business