Siphiwe Baleka is the founder of Fitness Trucking, LLC and serves as the Driver Health and Fitness Coach at Prime Inc., one of America’s largest trucking companies. His innovative, on-the-go wellness program has helped thousands of truck drivers lose weight and reclaim their health (69% of truck drivers are obese; the trucking industry is the least healthy of any industry in the country). His premise is that ANYONE with 4 minutes can get fit. What works for truckers can work for any sedentary person! Formerly, Baleka served as the Driver Health Editor for both Road King magazine and The Trucking Network magazine. After being raised in Chicago by a single dad, he graduated from Yale University and is the first African American ever named to the First Team All-Ivy League Swim Team. He missed qualifying for the 1992 Olympic Swimming Trials in the 100 freestyle by just 0.8 seconds! He is the author of 4-Minute Fit (Simon & Schuster).
Siphiwe Baleka Vroom Veer Stories
- Grew up in Illinois as the first African American family in town
- Raised by a single dad working hard to get him into the best schools
- Afraid of the water as a young child, so his dad makes him take swimming lessons
- Decides at age 12 that he is going to be in the Olympics as a swimmer
- The .8 seconds that turned out to be a quantum veer in his life
- 15 years of “vangabondage” helps him find his real name in South Africa
- Named the “World's Fittest Trucker”; wrote “4-Minute Fit” to help ANYONE get fit.
Siphiwe Baleka Links