What did I do in the Vroom Vroom Lane?
- Served in the United States Air Force for 20 years
- Lived in Japan, Hawaii, Florida, Japan (again), England, and finally Los Angeles
- Married Yayoi when I was in Hawaii (She's from Japan)
- Took off my uniform and worked two high-salary jobs as a DOD contractor for three years
Then when did I VEER?
- In 2011, I quit my six-figure job (to Yayoi's dismay…but she didn't leave!)
- Finished a Bachelors Degree in Psychology
- Learned I really didn't want a job in Psychology
- Went to massage school and learned about Trigger Point Therapy, Chinese Medicine, etc.
- Worked in a SPA long enough to learn I didn't want to work in a SPA
What did I Learn on my VEER?
- Money is important, but not the most important part of life
- Meaning, contribution, health, fitness are more important than money or prestige
- Mindfulness is a daily practice
- A life worth living means something different to everyone
- There are universal themes and lessons in life on The Road Differently Traveled™
What are some of these Universal Themes?
- There are clues that a VEER is coming…pay attention
- Every Curse has a silver lining…remember to look for the blessing in disguise
- When in Vroom Vroom lane, head down, working, on auto pilot — one might experience a “victory” and feel empty inside — THAT's a clue that you may need to lift your head up and start looking for your next VEER