Dr. Glenn Livingston is a veteran psychologist and long time CEO of a multi-million dollar consulting firm which has serviced several Fortune 500 clients in the food industry. Dr. Glenn's work, theories, and research have been published in major periodicals.
Disillusioned by what traditional psychology had to oﬀer the overweight and/or food obsessed male, Dr. Livingston spent several decades researching the nature of bingeing and overeating via work with his own patients AND a self-funded research program with more than 40,000 participants. Most important, however, was his own personal journey out of obesity and food prison to a normal, healthy weight and a much more lighthearted relationship with food.
Dr. Glenn Livingston Vroom Veer Stories
- Before age 20, he could exercise all the weight away
- Noticed he gained weight when he could NOT exercise as often
- Found he could not be present for his patients who were suicidal
- Addicted to “Bosco” chocolate syrup at a very young age
- Born into a family of psychologist and psychiatrists
- Industrial food is shorting cutting pleasure centers in our brains
- Our lizard brains only think eat, mate, or kill…there is no love there
- When our brains are offered a shortcut to pleasure w/ “food” it leads to extreme self neglect
- How to use character decisions to pre-decide who we are most of the time
- How Glenn's “inner pig” self talk system helped him overcome bingeing