James Colburn is a father, acclaimed author and serial entrepreneur with vast experience in real estate, consulting and sales. He is a Franchise Consultant and Sales Training for one of the largest and most successful real estate companies in the nation, John L. Scott. At the height of his real estate career he sold 10's of millions of dollars in real estate each year.
On the outside, it looked like James was living the ultimate dream, but along the way, he had lost his sense of purpose.
James realized that conventional measures of achievement can keep even the best performers from find fulfillment. He mistakenly defined himself by his accomplishments rather than by who he was, which in turn, made him miserable!
To help others find purpose and redefine what matters most, James created his Personal Resucceed Coaching program where helps high achieving professionals and entrepreneurs get more from life. He recently published his first book, RESUCCEED: Create and Extraordinary Future While you Sleep by Using the 5-Minute Epic Evening Ritual. In this book, James shares insight into the “purposeless epidemic” and breaks down the transformational evening ritual that's helping people reclaim their lives and find true happiness.
James Colburn Vroom Veer Stories
- Addicted to work; sold 120 houses in 2006; had a starched shirt in the car on Christmas Eve!
- Bought a TV/DVD combo and 10 “action” movies to try to get his mind off selling more
- Hired a business coach to earn another $300; coach said “ok, once you can play legos”
- Went back to school because of the financial crisis; wrote a book instead of a thesis
- Book was “I am sham” about how a mentor was afraid he was going to be found out to be a fraud
- Hired Hal Elrod to help him finish his book; Hal pointed out he needed to provide a solution
- Solution: “The Epic Evening Ritual”; a process of ramping down & asking questions before bed