Jen Briney say…
Hi. I’m Jen Briney. I’m the host of Congressional Dish.
My husband and I currently live in Walnut Creek, CA but I was raised and went to school in Southern California. I have a degree in Communications from Loyola Marymount University. Congressional Dish is my full time job.
I have no affiliation with anyone with power in Washington D.C., any political party, or any political organization. I was a registered Republican in 2000 (before I knew anything about politics), a registered Independent in 2004 (before I knew that was a political party), and I’m now registered as “unenrolled”.
In December of 2010, I saw Tom Cole (R-OK) on C-SPAN successfully attach an amendment protecting secret campaign contributions into a government funding bill; that’s when I started reading the Congressional Record. After reading the bills, I realized that there is a lot of important news inside of them that is going uncovered. A year later, after teaching myself how to create a website and a podcast, Congressional Dish was born.
Jen Briney Vroom Veer Stories
- Excited by a tornado at age 5, her mother refused to allow a dude into the house
- Mom caught her with cigarettes & beer; yanked her out of public school
- College at LMU because they accepted her and she could move away from parents
- Studied abroad in 2003 in Germany; the British press reported “yellow cake” story was bunk
- Returned to the states to realize that the story wasn't reported in the US
- 2010 starting reading the congressional record to learn what else was going on under the radar
- 2012 launched Congressional Dish podcast to report what is ignored by the media
Jen Briney Links