Michael Brooks of Nuclear Chowder Marketing started out in IT…but quickly learned he wasn't very good at it…he was good with people, selling, and getting jobs. Mike has had a fascinating life with loads of veers….not so much vrooming.
Vrooming with Corporate IT Support job
- Installing windows, working trouble tickets…not really good at it.
- His boss told him that he wasn't very good at IT
- Switched to working a sales support role in IT…which Mike really liked.
- Tried his hand at programming…didn't like it.
- He found out he was more creative, working with people and selling…also great at getting jobs.
Veer for Y2K
- Tons of IT jobs supporting Y2K.
- Got into web application development a little.
Martial Arts School Veer
- His friend who owned a Martial Arts School started asking him “business” questions…even though he didn't have a clue.
- He started working with his friend as an adviser.
- One day, his buddy gave him a Dan Kennedy a marketing tape (cassette tape).
Grandfather has a heart attack at Mike's Wedding
- Grand mom moves in while grandpa is in recovery
- His 12 year-old cousin died of congenital heart disease.
- Totally rocked Mike's world.
Mike was in the Air Force, but was never in the Air Force
- He graduated high school barely, by the skin of a “D”.
- He dropped out of community college.
- He joins the Air Force as an Administrative Specialist and is waiting to depart for basic training in the delayed enlisted program.
- Before he can leave for basic, he is in a serious motorcycle accident.
- His recruiter does the wrong thing and tells Mike to report to basic training without telling anyone about his accident.
- Mike was in too much pain to complete basic training, so he left and never went back.