Robert Greenlee is the head of content for Spreaker, a platform that gives podcasters the tools to create, host, and distribute their content. More importantly, Robert Greenlee is the former host of the Webtalk World Radio Show, recognized as the first syndicated radio show in the world to begin podcasting all the way back in 2004. Since the birth of podcasting, Robert has made himself a part of the business at Microsoft, PodcastOne.com, and Spreaker.
Robert can teach your listeners about advertising trends and podcast monetization, as well as provide an insider's view into the state of the industry and where it is likely to go from here. Not to mention Robert was inducted into the Podcaster Hall of Fame this year!
Robert Greenlee Vroom Veer Stories
- Paid for studio time in 1999 to produce an “internet radio” show
- Show was like Howard Stern for nerds, live show with 4 friends & guests
- Was one of 13 content providers on sync and go, made 5K/month! WOW!
- Worked at Microsoft from 2007 to 2014 on the Zune podcast platform
- Podcasts have a discovery problem, most android users do NOT discover podcasts
- Podcast industry leaders hope Google creates a podcast app installed on all phones
- Production costs for podcasting are still low enough to allow for hobby shows
- Spreaker is working on a platform to allow podcasters to do a live 3-hour show