Rachel Rofe Random stuff she's proud of:
- I was able to co-create $ 50k for charity in less than 10 hours
- I had a television show dedicated to me after I helped an incredible nonprofit raise money
- I was able to get my mom to quit her second job by paying her what she was earning from it
- I’ve been able to help both my brother and sister with their college bills (though I don’t necessarily believe in college, it was important to them)
- I randomly gave my family $15k one Thanksgiving
- I have been featured in Entrepreneur, Fox News, Huffington Post, CNN, and was flown to L.A. to be a cover story for Woman’s World magazine
Vroom Vroom working in Retail
- At 23 years old she was making $55k/year working retail
- She was working 70-80 hours per week and hating her life
- She was going to school at the same time
- Rachel spent many hours sharing her misery in life and work with her co-workers…commiserating.
Veer to Thrift Shop to Ebay
- In 2006, she started shopping thrift stores for high-end brand items to then sell on E-bay.
- She bought a Burberry Trench Coat for $15 and sold it on Ebay for $800! Nice.
- This was a new trick then, and she did this for a time…it made her believe she could make money as an entrepreneur.
Craig's list Affiliate Program
- She found an affiliate training program on Craig's list to promote a book
- She learned and worked the program and…
- Started earning $500 – $800 per day from home from this program she made that last for several months.
- She would promote or suggest this now, but it opened her eyes that she could make a living online outside of retail.
- That gave her the courage to quit her job.
Being an entrepreneur is not for everybody
- Not everyone is wired to be an entrepreneur
- One of Rachel's former's boyfriends was very risk averse.
Rachel Rofe was Kicked off Facebook
- Both her and her boyfriend got a cease and desist from Facebook
- They had planned launches using Facebook and they had to cancel those.
- At 10 am Rachel, had a shot of Vodka and two bowls of bar snacks…she was a wreck.
- She had amazing speakers, and sponsors…
- She had invested 5-figures into an event that she had to cancel…
- Don had to cancel his launch as well.
- It took five months to get back on Facebook, during those five months she learned how use other sources of traffic and revenue.
- Now she is no longer SOO dependent on Facebook
- If you want to launch a podcast that get's downloads check this out.
- Podcast Prodigy
TOO Flowy in life led to “me'h” in business
- If you are lonely, it takes longer to get over emotional problems.
- You can work through things more quickly when you can talk them out with friends.
- She got more “flowy” in her business
- Last years business wise was kinda “me'h”.
- Flowy in business doesn't work for Rachel.
- She needed plans and structure to keep her on track in her business.
- She does power hours with her friend to get things done.
- Making her life and business more fun, with the right mix of structure and flow.
Geek out about Jeff's Addiction to “finish hard things”
- How I spent TOO much time making an over-the-air DVR with a Raspberry Pi…yes I have a problem! 😀
- Not knowing what a Raspberry Pi is…Rachel has a fun visual in her head about what I'm talking about.