Tom Mulliez is a father, husband, entrepreneur, and the visionary behind iTREKKERS. Tom founded the company in 2014 after realizing that bringing together vetted professional captains and guides on one platform would help guarantee everyone a better experience in the outdoors. iTREKKERS is a combination of Tom’s desires to share his love of nature and to simplify the process of booking guided outdoor activities. His mission is threefold: to get people to experience the outdoors through iTREKKERS; to help people get outdoors, period, by providing useful tips and referrals; and to educate people about the outdoors and ways to be mindful.
Tom, who earned a Bachelor in Commerce from Canada’s McGill University and an MBA in marketing at Virginia Commonwealth University, was raised between his hometown of Roubaix, France, and a small town near Atlanta. His love of nature is derived from early memories of camping in the Georgia mountains with his father. For Tom, the only passion greater than a love of the outdoors is his love of family. Tom and his wife often spend time outdoors camping, at the beach, or on their boat with their three young children.
Tom Mulliez Vroom Veer Stories
- 1st memory, camping & fishing on a sandbar with his father; and “Heard it on the grapevine”
- 1st launch of his business flopped; he learned he needed to trust but verify and know the answers
- Past generations grew up outside; kids today don't get out much and they need to
- Study showed that a camping trip improved creativity 60% in a group of high school kids
- Amazing story on how a salesman uses fishing trips to land clients as well as fish
- Spending time in nature provides health benefits for one's whole body: brain, lungs, blood
- How the “scrum” process helps focus small teams work together on a shared goal